Ginger Pear might be her best. She has experimented with Apple and marzipan. But it is not about the cake or the pie. It is about the process. And it is kinda hard to explain to anyone who has not personally witnessed.
I have witnessed with my own eyes. Rachel loves to get in some weird trance-like zone, making cakes. I don't know what it is clinically, but the process is akin to hypnosis-and-meditation-and-channeling, all wrapped in one. It kinda goes like this:
- Rachel thinks of a cake she wants to bake.
- Rachel grabs her Mac.
- Rachel lines up ingredients, swims through music index.
- Calmly, she looks up a recipe. No, to cooking.com. Yes to Epicurious.
- Hold the lemon. Is it l'il Wayne. Might be John Lennon.
- Words get mumbled, out of tune and out of synch. Flour sugar slide into a bowl.
- Sticky hands. Hair in front of face. Computer now playing songs next to broken egg shells.
- Mumbling sounds like Urdu.
- Somehow barefooted. Debris on floor. Aga range in preheat.
- Sniffling. Rubs nose with back of powdered hands. Sets cake in oven.
- Rachel starts to re-enter earth's atmosphere
- But. Damn. Cake tastes good.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades