Cake Journal shares a link to a HowTo video on making big, luscious gum paste roses, as shown on the cake below:
The video is a large file, so you have to download it to your computer. Click through to this flickr comment stream, for a link posted by franjmc.
Cake Journal offers some additional tips to go with the video:
"1. To make sure that the styrofoam egg will fit the JEM easy rose cutter. Bring along your cutter, so that you are buying the right size of styrofoam egg. Well at least with the two largest easy rose cutters 100mm and 110mm. For smaller roses use smaller easy rose cutters, rose petal cutters and make the cone out of gumpaste instead.
2. A block of styrofoam is great to place the wired rose cones in the start of the process. Later the roses need to hang upside down to dry through the process so make sure that you have either a broomstick or anything similar ready before you start on the roses (I just use my small drying rack for my roses).
3. The thin piece of foam that is used in the video is a great "helping hand" when attaching the rose petals.
NOTE: if you're having trouble downloading the video, Cake Journal has their own HowTo on gum paste roses. Click through.
PLUS! One more via WonderHowTo.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades